Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bonjour!

I've been on the road since Sunday and since I have my laptop thought I'd pop out a quick post.


We arrived in Paris Monday morning. After a quick nap, I headed out for a run. I ran from the hotel to Notre Dame, which is about 4 miles away when running along the Seine river. I sat for a bit on a bench there, then ran back to the hotel. As I reached the Eiffel tower, the wind shifted to a headwind, and my heartrate shot up for the last half mile or so. My throat was bothering me when I finished and I felt progressively worse throughout the night.


Since then I have been to Bombay and back, all with a miserable cold. It sucks flying like this! Today was my turn to fly so I had hot tea for my throat, drank 3 liters of water for hydration and used a whole box of tissues blowing my nose, all during an uneventful 9 hour flight. We arrived in Paris this morning and I took this picture from the bus as we were pulling up to the hotel:





I realize this is not the best picture, but you can see the buds on the trees (pink) in the foreground. I think Paris will be in full springtime bloom in just a couple of weeks!












Since I'm not feeling well and I need to rest for the flight home tomorrow, I am not going out to dinner. Instead, I am having my favorite standby: fresh mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes with vinaigrette salad dressing (caprese salad by Notsocranky) along with une baguette and some pineapple juice.




I love to go to European supermarkets and pick up treats to bring home for Cranky and the kids. Here's what I'm bringing home tomorrow:

As we say in our house, it's tasty deliciousness!



When I drive into the garage tomorrow night, it will go something like this:

**door to house flies open, 3 grinning kids squeezing in the doorway, waiting for me to turn off the car**

Raymond, age 6: "What did you bring me Mom?!"

Cranky (standing behind kids): "RAYMOND, I told you not to ask that!"

Mary, age 11: "How was India mom?" (being 11, she's knows better than to inquire about treats)

Bob, almost 3: "Dad moved the skateboard ramps!" or some other exciting event I missed while flying.

**hugs, kisses, walk in house**

I open my backpack and give everyone a treat....

I can't wait to get home!

7 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I love living vicariously through people with exciting lives!

I'm getting on a plane tomorrow. Not easy getting the landlubber here up in the air! Although the way most people drive, I feel okay about being up in the air for two hours than on the road for 19!

Thu Mar 30, 02:14:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Heidi: Have a nice flight, and more importantly, a good time at the awards! I used to tell my neighbor in Atlanta that the most dangerous part of my job was the DRIVE TO the airport.

Thu Mar 30, 03:10:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

i love european grocery stores!!!

safe trip home and hope you feel better soon!!

Fri Mar 31, 11:13:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Get some French beer!

Fri Mar 31, 03:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

Happy homecoming!

Sun Apr 02, 11:28:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well! Your food choice sounds like what mine would be. Mmmm! I'll pass on the sugary, gooey treats though. You're blessed with an uber-kewl job and a great family. How lucky are you!

Mon Apr 03, 08:55:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lady....when you going to send your domestically challenged AA friend a treat from Paris? Actually, the Pope-ener is the best gift ever! I do have something for you from Bulgaria....

Mon May 01, 01:06:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home