Friday, March 24, 2006

On Top of the Hill?

Yesterday I had a very relaxing birthday. I managed to avoid almost all household chores and Cranky took Bob and me out to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch.

After dinner, we had this:


It was supposed to be an after-dinner surprise, but my 2 little boys just can't keep a secret. Not that Cranky was very sneaky either. After school, my 6-yr. old asks, "Did you have a good day Mom, it IS your birthday..." As I am saying yes, Cranky says, "Oh yah, that reminds me. I need to go get spark plugs." He and Raymond go "to the auto parts store". Later on, during dinner, Bob says, "I'm going to have cake!" So I ask Raymond, "Hey, does that cake have spark plugs on it?" He looks at me, very confused, and says "No, but Dad and I got you a birthday cake!"

The boys just crack me up.

One of my birthday cards said, "Don't worry, you're not over the hill yet..." then inside "At the very Tippy-Top of the hill, looking down, maybe, but not over the hill!!"

Does that mean I've peaked? I hope not.

I really don't feel any different today. Hmmm....

8 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I am halfway to 70...yeesh!

Fri Mar 24, 04:46:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Halfway to 92 here. I can see the top of the hill, but I'm not there yet.

In my mind, the top of the hill's an imaginary line, much like the horizon.

Happy Birthday to you! Save me a slice!

Yeharr

Fri Mar 24, 06:07:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Heidi: Time goes faster after 35!

BP: Thanks! You're always welcome -- bring the kids!

Fri Mar 24, 07:11:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

;o) Happy B-day, hon!!! What a nice one you had.

Sat Mar 25, 10:49:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

Woo Hoo! 50 is next! In case you did not know it, gray hair is VERY chic!

at 51, all the parts still work and most of the pieces are still attached. Do not start worrying until things start falling off

Sat Mar 25, 01:21:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger doodlebugmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

When I turned 40 last year, my 70 year old co-worker told me I was over the hill. Then he said this side of the hill is lots more fun :)

Sat Mar 25, 05:02:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

How's the view?

Coincidentally, we drove up into the mountains today but had to turn around when the little one got car sick. Sometimes it's good to come down.

Sun Mar 26, 01:25:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sun Mar 26, 11:38:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home