Saturday, February 25, 2006

We're Back!


Bob on Wednesday, Feb 22nd:

Playing at my sister's house in Florida.



Bob today:

Back at home. A bit colder but we love the snow!



We're back from Florida and everyone had a great time. In fact, we were originally going to come home on Thursday but we decided to stay one more day. We didn't hit any of the tourist attractions this time. We just hung out, enjoyed the warm weather, went swimming and visited with my family.

We stayed at my mom's house in the Villages, a huge retirement community NW of Orlando. My sister and her husband have a house there also, although they are not really retired, they just love to golf.

As a bonus, I got to see my Aunt Jane and Uncle Jim. They live in CT but my aunt rents a condo in Daytona Beach every winter. Uncle Jim flies back and forth to visit, since he's not much of a Florida person. He's got to be one of the most understanding husbands I know in our family. My Aunt Jane is scared to fly, so he DRIVES her down to FL at the beginning of the winter and goes back down to get her at the end!

We had a cookout at my sister's house on Wednesday night. After dinner they gave me an early birthday cake since we will not see each other before next month when I turn the big 4-0. I had been trying not to think about that!

Today it started to snow just before lunchtime. Yippee! The forecast called for 3-7 inches but we had at least 8 inches by dinnertime and it's still snowing now at 10:30 pm! I hope it doesn't all melt before the next snowstorm!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Gdansk is snowing too. Thanks for your blog and hugs for all of you :-).

Sun Feb 26, 11:33:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

He looks warm.

I need his outfit.

Though I doubt it would fit me.

Sun Feb 26, 01:21:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Iwona: So great to hear from you! Stay warm and please say "hi" to your family for me.

DHG: It's been a chilly winter in London, hasn't it? Stay warm...

Wed Mar 01, 03:52:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Financial planning and strategic planning http://www.contemporary-furniture-6.info/Audio-visual-furniture.html

Tue Mar 06, 08:39:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home