Thursday, February 09, 2006

100th Day of Kindergarten!



Today was Raymond's 100th day of kindergarten.

Guess how many stickers are on his picture. Did you say 100? You're correct!

He had a great day at school today. They decorated 100 cupcakes to enjoy and share with some other students. They even sang a little song to the elementary school secretary, Mrs. Chandler.

Mrs. Chandler is a wonderful lady. She has been at that school for many many years -- she was there 30 years ago when I was a student! Last year my daughter's 5th grade teacher was Mrs. Duke. Mrs. Duke was my 6th grade teacher in 1978. Pretty cool, huh?

We moved back to my hometown primarily for the school. It's one of the few small towns that isn't part of a regional school district. Everybody knows everybody, which is generally a good thing. Sometimes it's difficult to live in a "fishbowl" as my mother used to say, but the education is awesome. Athletics are big in this town, and everybody can play if they want. I like that.

I'm happy my kids are growing up here.

7 Comments:

Blogger mal said...

sounds almost idyllic *G*

Fri Feb 10, 08:30:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

How much snow do you have to shovel?

Yeharr

Fri Feb 10, 01:56:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Almost no shoveling this year -- what a bummer! I love the snow and wish we had much more. I just don't like driving to work in it!

Fri Feb 10, 02:10:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

oh yeah...100 cupcakes. that's what i'm talkin about.

Fri Feb 10, 02:56:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I am so jealous. I miss every stage my baby went through. He's 12 now, and it's hard to believe how quickly the years have gone by. I've told him a million times that HE is the reason to be pro-cloning. I'd have him again, every two years, for the rest of my life.

Fri Feb 10, 08:30:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy V and Lupercalia Day!

Tue Feb 14, 09:34:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Fri Feb 23, 01:09:00 AM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home