Tuesday, February 14, 2006

You're My Best Friend


(On Bald Mtn overlooking Cannon Ski Area, Franconia Notch NH)


It's been awhile since I posted. I've been sick as a dog with a terrible cough, sore throat, and congested head. I'm supposed to be at work today but I was in no condition to leave on a 6-day trip this weekend. I didn't even leave the house for the last 3 days. But I got to be home for Valentines Day, which is a nice bonus.


My husband has never been a big fan of Valentines Day. He even boycotted it for a few years. Yes, I agree it's just a commercial ploy to get people to spend their hard-earned money. And since I'm not into diamonds or even jewelry for that matter, the ads on tv telling men to spend-spend-spend annoy me also.

But I still enjoy a nice card. Okay, maybe some candy too.

Today everybody in the family found some delicious treats on the kitchen table. The kids desperately wanted to eat them, but I stuck to my "not before lunch" rule. I found some chocolates, swedish fish, and those necco conversation hearts. Yippee!

The best thing though, was inside my V-day card - a CD with no writing on it. Intriguing.

Cranky put it into the DVD player and up popped the coolest Valentine ever. He had scanned a bunch of pictures from the past 13 years (those that were prior to our digital transformation) and along with some more current pix, put them to the song, "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. Here are the lyrics to that song:


Ooo. you make me live
whatever this world can give to me
It's you, you're all I see
Ooo, you make me live now honey
Ooo, you make me live
You're the best friend
that I ever had
I've been with you such a long time
You're my sunshine
And I want you to know
That my feelings are true
I really love you
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live
I've been wandering round
But I still come back to you
In rain or shine
You've stood by me girl
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend.
You're the first one
When things turn out bad
You know I'll never be lonely
You're my only one
And I love
The things that you do
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live.
I'm happy, happy at home
You're my best friend
You're my best friend
Ooo, you make me live
You, you're my best friend.

It was absolutely great! It's hard to believe how much we've been through during our marriage and he captured it very well in a mere 3 minutes.

I give Cranky an A+!

Have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

-b:

Save the idea for next year...or your anniversary...or her birthday...it is a sure winner.

I won't tell C :)

p.s. Are you moving back here?

Tue Feb 14, 08:14:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Cool.

Wed Feb 15, 05:03:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

What a great story! Although I can't imagine Cranky liking the fact that you're 'outing' him as a romantic.

Great picture, too.

Glad you had a good Valentine's day!

Yeharr

Wed Feb 15, 09:32:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

oh no...you got it too? man. sucks doesn't it.

great pic and great post today. so much loveness

Wed Feb 15, 10:23:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

You is also be linked.

WORD!

Wed Feb 15, 04:59:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

nice pic *S* I am thankful for all the opportunities I have NOT to husband bash. Seems you have the same situation.

Lucky

Wed Feb 15, 09:39:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger doodlebugmom said...

I think you got the perfect Valentine. Thoughtfulness!

Fri Feb 17, 02:55:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home