Monday, July 10, 2006

Go Italia!

I'm on a long stretch of flying -- 12 days in a row. Nothing but back and forth to Rome, which I like, but it's a long time to be gone. I will go home at the halfway point, but only to sleep one night at home, change out clothes and leave again.

Last night was an fantastic night to be in Rome! I watched Italy win the World Cup, beating France. Many restaurants were closed or had closed early. I grabbed a slice of pizza and watched the game, cheering on the Italians.

This Italian woman is a big fan...



I watched the match with Lisa, one of the flight attendants who flew in with me from New York:


Walking back to the hotel afterwards, people were going nuts in the streets.


A flight attendant told me this morning that she saw about 200 people jumping around in Trevi fountain! Other flight attendants told us about watching the game in Circus Maximus with 35,000 other people. They reported that it was awesome!

Tonight the Italian team is scheduled to be back in Italy. We were told the party will be continuing in their honor!

On the homefront: My mother is driving me crazy, even when I am out of town. I can't wait until she goes back to Florida...

7 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Sorry about the mom-probs. Relatives and fish, you know... (after three days they start to stink).

I am soooo envious! Italy would've been a fabulous place to be. Many of my friends are HUGE soccer fans. They were SO psyched when Italy won!

Tue Jul 11, 09:59:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

Definitely a good opportunity to bring back a t-shirt for the kids. Rome must feel like a home away from home after so many trips there.

Tue Jul 11, 02:07:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

I am GREEN with jealousy over here.
WOW

and I am happy that Brasil was vindicated by Italy...even though Brasil didn't win this year, the French lost and that is just as good.

Tue Jul 11, 05:08:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Notsocranky Yankee said...

Saur: Love the fish analogy! I hadn't heard that one before.

Jessica: It is starting to feel like a second home for me. But I do like being able to zip around the city without needing a map. I even have a grocery store card for things on sale -- pretty sad huh?

Colleen: It was nice to see the French lose. Those french players are quite the actors - very dramatic injuries! I really lucked out being on a trip in Rome. I was also here when the Pope died. What excitment will be next?

Wed Jul 12, 11:09:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

As long as you're not in Woodbridge when something exciting happens in Italy. Ask your Toronto born Italian pub owner about Woodbridge!

Wed Jul 12, 03:39:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

Nothing sad about a grocery card at all.

Be easy on your mom. Nothiong like absence to make the heart grow fonder.

Sat Jul 22, 10:20:00 PM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

Fri Feb 16, 01:45:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home