Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beachin'

The kids and I stayed at the beach yesterday much longer than we planned. It was the first truly nice day we've had in a while and I just couldn't bring myself to make them leave. Mary was swimming and hanging out with her friends, and even ate lunch with them. I had planned to leave by lunchtime, but I bought hot dogs for the boys in the snack bar and stayed until late afternoon. (The snack bar is just like it was when I was a kid. The swinging screen door brought back memories...)

From my chair on the beach, I decided to take a picture of Steve Tyler's (Aerosmith) house. It's not the most amazing house on the lake anymore, but it was pretty cool in the 70's when he built it:


One of the coolest things our town recreation department did this year was putting some great toy trucks out for all the kids to use. Bob loves "diggers":

And the cement mixer:

Raymond likes all of them, but spent a great deal of time filling this dump truck with mud:

Since we missed Bob's nap time, he had a little "quiet time" on the couch before dinner (this picture was taken 5 minutes after he laid down):

We'll be back there tomorrow. And the next day...

5 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

love that view!!
happy belated 4th

Wed Jul 05, 10:35:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

finally Blogger lets me comment!!!!

I love a good day at the beach. Especially with the kids because they know how to have fun.

If you ever happen to cruise past Mr. Tyler's house, tell 'im Heidi says hi!

Wed Jul 05, 09:57:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

Ahh summer fun!

Wed Jul 05, 11:12:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

The trucks are very cool. I also like the "quiet time" picture. I can relate to that feeling.

Sat Jul 08, 12:05:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

nice lake!

the last pic says it all, real magic time for the kids

*G*

Sun Jul 09, 01:06:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home