Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are You Ready For Some Football?

The NFL football season just kicked off as I am typing this. I wish it was the Patriots playing, but the Steelers vs the Dolphins will have to do. I thought it was funny when The Bus (Jerome Bettis) came into the stadium in a big school bus. Is he an announcer this year? Anyway...

It was a busy day here. Bob had his first day of preschool. He was very excited to go and I didn't get a very good picture, but here he is:


Cranky and I found ourselves home alone without kids for the first time in a VERY long time. So we celebrated by hiking up Mt. Sunapee. Here is Cranky near the summit with a nice view of Lake Sunapee behind him.


After reaching the summit (2 miles), we hiked down the backside to Lake Solitude (1 mile from the summit). We ate lunch while enjoying the awesome view. We were the only people up there today so it was quiet and peaceful.


In this picture you can see Lake Solitude behind us. We have a very similar picture in our photo album from our honeymoon, 13 years ago.


This is called White Ledges. One of the many big-ass rocks in New Hampshire!



After we got home, we assembled Raymond's birthday present. He will be 7 on October 6th, but we gave him his electric (24 volt) dirt bike today. That way he can ride it for a couple of months before the snow comes. I wish they had these when I was a kid!



He loves it!



Bob had a great time at preschool (he didn't want to leave), Cranky and I had a great time hiking, and Raymond got his birthday present early. Not bad, huh?

Time to go back to work though. I'm leaving for Paris and Mumbai on Saturday. Have a great week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

GO RAYMOND!!!!

That looks like fuuuun!

Glad the first day of preschool went well. What a relief!

Nice big ass rocks! (That could sound odd out of context...)

Thu Sep 07, 11:31:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

My kids were soooo ready for school this year.

As was I.

And what's wrong with watching the (Super Bowl Champion) Steelers play Thursday night? Don't badmouth my team!

Yeharr
ps: my son broke my only bottle of the French pizza dipping sauce yestarday morning....

Tue Sep 12, 08:28:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

what a view!!!

Thu Sep 14, 07:11:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home