Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm Easily Amused

I was painting the walls in the basement yesterday afternoon and I was running out of paint. No big deal, I hadn't finished "mudding" one of the walls anyway. I took what was left on the paint brush and wrote, "HI" in big letters on that wall. My daughter came downstairs and "caught" me in the middle of it. She said incredulously,"MOM, you're doing something fun!"

What is so shocking about this? Am I THAT boring?

A few minutes later my 6-yr. old son came down, saw the wall and said, "MARY! You painted on the wall?!" She said, "No, MOM DID!!! Can you believe it!"



Yesterday, for show-and-tell, my son decided to bring the notebook that the tooth fairy gave him the other night. I didn't think it would be very interesting, but he was very excited to bring it. When he got home from school, he told me the kids in his class liked that it had 70 pages! I asked what they thought of the blue cover. He said, "Nobody mentioned that. Most questions and comments were about the 70 pages." Only in kindergarten could there be a whole discussion about a blank notebook without the color being brought up!



Last night, Bob (age 3), could not get to sleep. I thought maybe his room was a little warm so I opened his window and said, "You can listen to the crickets while you fall asleep. Won't that be neat?" His expression changed immediately to one of concern, and he said, "Crickets?" After a lengthy cricket discussion, he decided the window should be closed. Fifteen minutes later he called to me again and after a little more cricket talk, I re-opened the window. After getting up this morning, he stood at the window and said, "I'm looking for the crickets."




Maybe I need to explain the size of crickets a little better...

9 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I'm amazed by how many shortcuts are on your PC!

Fri May 19, 11:15:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

yup, the kids are always blown away when they figure out we are human *L* great story

Fri May 19, 03:21:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

My kids know I'm a nonconformist nutcase. So, they wouldn't be surprised, but they'd surely grab a paintbrush and help me decorate the walls before we painted them over! Sounds like fun!!!

Fri May 19, 06:15:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Yankee, go get your kids okay?

Hi kids! You don't know me, but your mom and I read each other's blogs. I just want you to know how cool your mom is. She just seems like a whole lot of fun to me. That's all, thanks!

Ok, g'nite!

Fri May 19, 06:51:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

LOL! great post
i think kids don't ever imagine their parents being fun. they are parents after all

Sat May 20, 09:51:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

I dunno. I think my kids think I'm fun. Teach Bob about spit takes. That will make you fun.

Thanks for letting us into your life.

Yeharr

Sat May 20, 12:53:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

You could just as well have titled that "easily amusing" because your stories are. Thanks. I love the idea that 70 pages could lead a conversation.

Mon May 22, 12:05:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Old Man Rich said...

I love going to sleep to the sound of cricket. The slap of willow on leather, the gentle applause, the comfy feeling of sitting in the sun after a large picknick & too much beer.

Glad to learn your educating Bob in the great sport whilst he's still young. Although I guess when your 3 having a dozen men dressed in white standing around outside your window for four days could be scary.

Mon May 22, 07:50:00 AM GMT-5  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Bielenda botox simmons mattress executive office The lowest mortgage rate in britain5236 Cooking school las vegas Accutane side effects long term

Wed Feb 07, 07:01:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home