Friday, December 01, 2006

Peace!



I think this is a great wreath. I just heard this woman interiewed on Free Speech TV. Her husband thought their wreath this year should be in the form of a peace sign. Her homeowners' association sent her a letter stating that "Loma Linda residents are offended by the Peace Sign displayed on the front of your house." They were instructed to remove it or pay a $25/day fine.

It's not anti-war, it's pro-peace! This is not the first time "Peace" has been wished for during the holidays.

They've received a lot of support and similar wreathes are popping up all over their town. I think it's great.


Cranky wants to put a peace-wreath on our house...

10 Comments:

Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

Yes. Because nothing is as anti-Christian as a wish for peace.

Yeharr

Fri Dec 01, 09:34:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

This blows my mind.

Sat Dec 02, 12:39:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

go for it!

people need to lighten the eff up. i don't think it will happen, but it is the season of hope

Sat Dec 02, 10:04:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

I heard about this on the news. Someone has clearly lost their mind.

Sun Dec 03, 01:35:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Peace indeed!

They must be Commies...

Sun Dec 03, 07:39:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger mal said...

If they are living in a "common property" development (ie Condominium) there could other legal issues here besides the peace sign. In California, those issues can become a bit thorny.

That said. Loma Linda is an odd community anyway

Mon Dec 04, 09:39:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

I'm all for peace!

Mon Dec 04, 09:09:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Give peace a chance!!!!

I couldn't resist.

Tue Dec 05, 09:41:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

I made my students read about this. Thanks.

Wed Dec 06, 12:17:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

You know, I am jealous. Because if people had the time and energy to get pissed off over a peace wreath, they have WAY more time and energy than I do. I'd like to share my current workload with them, and they'd be wishing for peace, too!

Thu Dec 07, 12:08:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home