Saturday, March 03, 2007

Winter Break!

The kids and I had this week off so we took a quick trip to Florida. (Cranky is not a big fan of Florida so he stayed home to work and have a little peace and quiet.) My mother lives in The Villages, a golf/retirement development northwest of Orlando. My sister and brother-in-law also live there so it's a fun family visit.

Here are the kids at the pool near my mom's house:





The primary mode of transportation in the Villages is the golf cart. My brother-in-law (Uncle Bill) lets Mary and Raymond drive occasionally, which is a huge hit!

We got home last night. It was raining on the drive from the Boston airport, until the NH border, when everything was white with snow. When we were within 10 minutes of our house, it was snowing as it had been all day. We ended up with one foot of new snow and here's a couple of pictures from this morning of the 'ole homestead:

You can see the snowmobiles on the right side of the picture. We will definitely be out on those today!

The backyard:

Have a great weekend!

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

Visiting the in-lawrs in Florider is much the same: pool and golf cart!!

Your place is great! Very scenic and comfy. Definitely not Stuffington-esque. The snowmobiles prove that.

Also you have more snow than we have here. although my mom tells me they have snowbanks up to her shoulders. (She's not very big, but still!)

Mon Mar 05, 09:15:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Colleen said...

gorgeous pics of the snow, and that pool looks lovely

Tue Mar 06, 09:12:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Jessica said...

The grandparents must be very happy. Stay warm.

Wed Mar 07, 01:07:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Balloon Pirate said...

My parents were thermometer people for years (up and down the east coast like the mercury in a thermometer. The colder it got, the farther south they went), and settled in Florida about a decade ago. I wonder if or when I will do the same.

I love visiting them, and I love the warm break in the middle of the cold weather, but right now I don't ever see myself living down there.

Of course, with the way the environment is going, the whole of the state will doubtless soon be submerged anyhow...

yeharr

Sat Mar 10, 12:06:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger United We Lay said...

A vacation sounds nice, but I think it'll be a while. I love Florida in small doses! I'm glad to hear you got a nice break!

Sun Mar 18, 03:49:00 PM GMT-5  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Enjoy your hols, I'm jealous!

Tue Mar 20, 06:07:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home